ASC Races 03 to 07 January 2015

ASCASC Races 03 to 07 January 2015

Bulletin, 19 December 2014

Acceptance list

The event is now full. See acceptance list and please contact the race office if there are any discrepancies:

Snow conditions

As 19 December  the Les Houches race pistes have good snow cover (20 cm) but the weather is too warm for proper grooming. As a consequence, the pistes are to remain closed during the Christmas week. Between Christmas and New Year there are snowfalls expected, along with cold enough weather for extensive snow making. If the forecast is accurate then the Anglo Scottish Cup will run as planned.

The resort managers will make a final decision on the 30 December which we will announce along with programme details. Our colleagues are confident that it will not be necessary to move the races elsewhere. Nevertheless, in case of bad news we are preparing a contingency plan that would not oblige families to change accommodation arrangements.

For those familiar with Les Houches, we plan to use race pistes on Col de Voza and Noire du Maison Neuve. Since the Grand Bois piste relies on natural snow it is expected to be out of commission.

For the first day of racing there is a strong possibility that the Bairns & Lassies (U10/U12) will move up to the Col de Voza for a morning start on Slalom courses alongside the U14/U16 racers instead of competing on the village centre slope in the afternoon as originally planned.

Print pagePDF pageEmail page

Permanent link to this article: