Today BSS has announced the first stage of its response to the review of British Children’s Team that was led over the summer by Tim Fawke of Snowsport England. This response provides an outline of the structure that will be put in place for the 2014-15 season. The summary details are as follows:
– There will be a BSS selected squad at the U16 level. There will be no BSS selected squad at the U14 level.
– BSS is consulting with the Home Nations on the establishment of Home Nations squads at the U14 and U16 level.
– Selection to the BSS U16 squad will reflect an Athletic Capacity Evaluation (ACE), skills tests and race results.
– The BSS U16 squad is likely to be more inclusive than has been the case in recent years.
– BSS will focus on the supply and support of sport science services to BSS U16 squad members.